Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good times with family and friends

Brooks' belly has gotten so big.
Ready to go to KY and work with Pops on the farm!


Attempting to capture a smile. His smiles are so sweet!


Mommy's little running buddy.

Paul snuck a picture of Brooks and I snoozing on the couch.



Lipscomb girls at Lindsay's Baby Shower.





Brooks meeting Rebecca! He had such a good time at your house.

Cristie and Brooks with Laura and Callie. Brooks loved Cristie!

Can't wait to move closer so Brooks and I can visit often:)

Brooks trying on his peacoat and hat. It was cold in KY!

Getting ready to make first trip to a mall! He liked it and mommy is so glad!

Gabby and Memaw loving on Brooks

Gabby and Brooks trying to wake up

My best friend and sister! Enjoying a snowy morning!

Brooks enjoying Memaw's little tree

Well, we got home from Christmas visit on December 29th and had a week and a half before getting on a plane back to KY. It was nice to have another trip home to look forward to. Having a little one makes it so hard to be away from family.
Prior to flying back home, Brooks had 1 month doctor's visit. Last visit at 10 days he weighed 6lbs 1oz. On his January 7th visit, he weighed a whopping 8lbs 15oz. He is thriving! He continues to sleep well and I feel blessed for that.
On January 8th, we flew back to KY to visit family and for baby showers to introduce Brooks to my best friends. The trip was a little stressful with all the baby gear! Paul had to work so I traveled alone but Brooks was great so we survived and were so glad to get home and see Memaw and Pops anxiously waiting for us! My sister and her kids spent the weekend with us at my parents house. It was wonderful to get so much time with all of them. We enjoyed our coffee every morning and watching movies each night. I miss my family so much and cherish every minute I get with them.

On Sunday, we made it to Nashville for Lindsay's baby shower. It had snowed on Saturday so we did not make it to Bethany's shower in Nashville but celebrated with her at Lindsay's shower. It was so great to see them both and Kate and they all three looked adorable with their little round bellies:) Visiting all my college girlfriends at the shower was wonderful. I miss them all and they are truly the prettiest, sweetest, most Christian friends a girl can have. I cannot wait to move back that way.

Since then, Brooks and I have been homebodies. We have playtime each morning and strolling after lunch and then rest and fix dinner in time for Paul to get home. We went for my 6 week appointment and Brooks slept right through it like he does most things. We went and visited Paul for lunch one day and other than that have just stayed at home. It has been great and I am enjoying being a mommy. Brooks is such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment