Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 months already!

Decked out before frightening church experience:)
Watching "Einstein Mozart"
Little Chunk!
Relaxing with Memaw

Our little man outfit! Having a good time!

Memaw holding our happy boy!
Love resting on Pops!
Morning nap with Pops!



Our six inch snow
Gotta love this face:)

Reading bedtime story! Man I am tired!

what a big boy!

All bundled up!

Well, I have gotten behind on the blog. Brooks was 3 months old yesterday so one month since last post. We have had a great month but it has flown by. We have continued with kindermusik and Brooks is enjoying even if some of the dancing makes him spit up:) We also started going to a story and puppet time on Thursdays at Starbucks. It is amazing and better than kindermusik. Sad thing is that we pay for kindermusik and not the story and puppet time. The time at Starbucks is for one hour with a dollar off coffee for parents and free milk for children old enough. It is fun just to meet other parents. The place is packed--about 30 children! To get a seat have to arrive by 9:30. Crazy what you will do to help your children developmentally. Kindermusik is not a complete waste--Brooks and I are learning to sign and then I reinforce with his Einstein signing video. He is probably a little young but have heard signing is very helpful until they are able to verbalize.

We have had a round of visitors again. Paul's parents came and were here for a short visit--less than 24 hours. Not sure it was worth it. They were probably ready to go back home. They kept Brooks the night they were here so we could go out for Valentine's Day. It was a rough night. He was screaming so they called right after we ordered to see what to do and then again when our food got there. Needless to say I was ready to leave but Paul made me stay to eat but we both ate really quickly. We walked in the door and he was screaming but once he heard our voices he started laughing. What a silly boy! He is very attached to his momma! (he even cries with Paul sometimes which hurts Paul). Makes me very happy but he has to learn to be with others to make transition back to work easier. The following week, my parents visited and it was so good to see them. I miss them so much. I thought I really needed my mom and dad while pregnant but miss them more now that Brooks is here. He had a hard time adjusting to my parents as well. He has Friday morning to get adjusted and to learn to take bottle with my parents before I left to get my hair cut and died brown. Yes, that is right--brown. I love it! Brooks did fine after initial mommy ignoring him time--which was harder for me than him I think. I can't wait for my parents to come back and to get more time with Brooks. Being 12 hours away is not fun!

So taking a bottle with my parents was a big deal. Brooks had been taking bottles since 6 days but all of a sudden decided he did not like bottles and would not take them. I bought about 30 different bottles before finally trying Dr. Brown's and it was amazing! Yes they are $4-5 a bottle but so worth it. I would do a commercial for Dr. Brown's and so would Paul. Sometimes you just need to be able to give them a bottle. Feeding in the car is just not always the most enjoyable for Brooks and I but enjoyable for others I am sure. In fact, on Valentine's morning we went to eat breakfast with Paul's parents and Brooks needed to eat when we got there (still during time he would not take a bottle). I stayed to feed him in car while they got seated and ordered. Paul parked a next to last spot in parking lot. When I was finishing feeding, I realized someone had parked in last spot but I had not seen them. The van had veteran's memorabilia. I walked in the restaurant and an elderly man with a veteran's hat said "well, hello valentine!" I am sure he had the best Valentine's ever:)

Sunday, I took Brooks to church while Paul was at work. Our church is very contemporary and that day we were going on a flight to the Dominican Republic, a site of missions. The music was so loud including "jungle drums" and lights flashing. Brooks was terrified and screamed for a split second but no one could hear him because it was so loud. Then Brooks got adjusted and decided to help preach. He jabbered the whole time and giggled intermittently. A lady at the grocery afterwards said she heard my son talking the whole time. She thought it was cute and I hope everyone else did too, but I am sure some wondered why I did not take him to nursery. The nursery would have been flashing my number the whole service to come get my screaming son. He does not do well without his mommy in the same room. Gotta break that! After church, little Brooks was exhausted and slept most of the day and woke up long enough to eat and take a bath before going to sleep for the night.


Well, hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for spring!!

1 comment:

  1. Funny about breastfeeding in the car...I do it all the time and wonder how many people sneak a peek. haha! I love the pics of Brooks snoozing with your dad! Adorable! Love ya Les!

    ReplyDelete